Sunday, March 26, 2006

From Corporate America to Entrepreneurship: Onward and Upward

This is an amazing story about an amazing woman in corporate America but I could not help but focus on what was next for her besides a life with better balance and a greater peace of mind. Hence the photo. Here are a couple of snippets from the article:

"I’ve had 25 great years [corporate America] and now I want to know ‘what else,’ " she said, reflectively. "That’s the beauty (of my decision), to be able to disengage before I become re-engaged with my career."

James plans to open Lardon and Associates after taking a couple of months off to "read, maybe write a book and spend time with my family." She’s leasing office space in the Brewery District, in the same building that houses Brown & James, the law firm of her husband, Larry James.

"I have to have some place to go to concentrate on the work I do," she said.

Read the story here: A Life In Balance

No comments: