Wednesday, November 15, 2006

12 Secrets of Success From Women For Women

What would accomplished women say if asked for one piece of advice about creating satisfying work that allows them to express who they are and allows for a life outside the office?

This question was asked of accomplished, university-educated women in their late 30s to mid-50s. Some held senior positions in business, government and the not-for-profit and cultural sectors. Some had left marquee jobs to pursue a passion -- start a business, write or follow other personal interests.

The women queried included 30 who completed a 75-question survey about life and work and 1,000 respondents to related online polls. Click here for a distillation of what they said.

No. 12 is Be (EXPRESS) yourself. Click here for Google Video break.

Separately and from the book "Women Who Changed The World:"

Chapter 6
Joan of Arc

"I am not afraid. I was born to do this." ~ Joan of Arc

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

"I am not afraid... I was born to do this" Thought you would like to know the full quote. Joan of Arc actually said: "I do not fear the soldiers, for my road is made open to me; and if the soldiers come, I have God, my Lord, who will know how to clear the route that leads to messire the Dauphin. It was for this that I was born!"
To learn more about Joan of Arc try visiting Joan of Arc - MaidofHeaven.com