Thursday, March 26, 2009

A Little Puddle On the Floor

Don't you adore stories like this? It makes you want to go out and start a business, no matter how risky or scary it feels.
"There were a whole bunch of good old boys sitting around the table," she recalled. "And they looked at me and said, 'Honey ...' That was their first mistake. They said 'Honey, this exercise thing for women. We just don't know if that's gonna work.

"I was the little exercise girl," she said. "It wasn't that I was smart or that I had built a business. It was just, 'You're someone who can get up there and dance, and hoop and holler, and you look so cute in your outfit.

"Well, today they are out of business and I did $93 million (in sales) last year."
Read the entire article here.

And her final comment:
So amid a global economic collapse, the little exercise girl dances on: "I'm going to keep doing this until I'm a little puddle on the floor."
Note: Judi Sheppard, pictured in the center, is founder of Jazzercise.


No comments: